δroplets Reflections and creations of an artist, engineer, and secular humanist
(To replay video, simply refresh page in browser or click here.)
For over 20 years I have been wanting to create a mailing list and start
regularly writing. By most measures, that is a sufficient "incubation period".
Topics will be diverse — with posts as likely to address relationships, self-discovery, and mindfulness, as technology, STEAM education, exhibit design, and entrepreneurship.
One certain-to-periodically-appear thread will be that of treating thoughts and feelings with equal respect, considering both first-class citizens — and worthy of deep integration. In that general spirit, I hope to be able to offer, at least sometimes, emotionally evocative visualizations of psychological and cognitive issues.
What I will strive to include
- Beauty and Humor
- Science, Art, Technology, Math, and Education
- The Abstract and the Personal
- The Theoretical and the Practical
- Updates and Opportunities for Connection & Collaboration
- Layered design such that you can see the topic(s) at-a-glance, note the main points in moments, and read the details if intrigued.
I would be honored to have you on my mailing list, so if what I say sounds (potentially) interesting, I encourage you to sign up by emailing
<subscriptions (@) daviddurlach (dot) com> with "Please Subscribe Me" in the Subject line.
- You can of course unsubscribe at any time. And regardless, it is extremely unlikely postings will be experienced as "too frequent".)
- I am hoping, by increasing the size of my mailing list and thus being more readily able to visualize a potential audience, it will get me to actually start writing regularly.
In other words, your signing up will help provide me the required "activation energy".
So potential thanks in advance.
David Durlach, 2022