3rd Party Links
(More on the way as time permits.)
- Engaging speakers/writers/bloggers(+) who address life, including work, relationships, mental health, habits, and culture.
- Mark Manson (Author of The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck.)
- Eric Barker (Author of Barking up the Wrong Tree.)
- James Clear (Author of Atomic Habits.)
- Blaz Kos (Creator of Agile Lean Life blog)
- Stephan Thieringer (I have been attending his weekly free online "Empower Me Coffee Chat" support group - very interesting, honest, and supportive.)
- Engaging TED talk on depression by Andrew Solomon: "The opposite of depression is not happiness, but vitality ...".
Offers striking study showing depressed people see the world "more accurately." From presenter: "There was a study I particularly liked in which a group of depressed and a group of non-depressed people were asked to play a video game for an hour, and at the end of the hour, they were asked how many little monsters they thought they had killed. The depressive group was usually accurate to within about 10 percent, and the non-depressed people guessed between 15 and 20 times as many little monsters.
- If you ever doubt the deep interconnection between mind and body, read this fascinating New York Times article.