Life: A few 3rd Party Sayings, Blogs, and Additional Links
(More on the way as time permits.)
- "Were it not for Physics and Law Enforcement, I would be Unstoppable!" (Author UnknownAttributed to too many different people to have confidence in any of the references... (Maybe from Darynda Jones.)
- Some interesting bloggers who write about life, work, relationships, habits, and culture:
- Wonderfully funny snippet on man-woman relationships Recommend reading from "Let's say a guy named Roger ..." to "Norm, did Elaine ever own a horse?" by humorist Dave Barry
- Great New Yorker Escher cartoon.
- Engaging TED talk on depression by Andrew Solomon: "The opposite of depression is not happiness, but vitality ...".
Offers striking study showing depressed people see the world "more accurately." From presenter: "There was a study I particularly liked in which a group of depressed and a group of non-depressed people were asked to play a video game for an hour, and at the end of the hour, they were asked how many little monsters they thought they had killed. The depressive group was usually accurate to within about 10 percent, and the non-depressed people guessed between 15 and 20 times as many little monsters.
- If you ever doubt the deep interconnection between mind and body, read this fascinating New York Times article.